Cone Beam Computed Tomography
The current emerging standard of care in dentistry and dental implantology is the use of cone beam computed tomography (CBCT). The 3-D images allow Dr. Andow to collect the needed and highly valuable diagnostic information so the best planning and delivery of dental and surgical care is possible.
CBCT provides three-dimensional imaging right in the dental office. It enhances diagnosis and treatment planning by providing more accurate imaging.
The Benefits of CBCT:
• Offers advanced imaging within the dental practice
• Can visualize unforeseen anatomy
• Delivers less radiation to the patient than traditional CT scans
• Open environment ensures patient comfort
• Thorough diagnostic information (view of critical anatomy)
• More accurate treatment planning
• More predictable treatment outcomes
• Reduces the length and cost of therapy
• Delivers quicker image acquisition- scans take only 20 seconds